Aadhaar Letter as Proof of Address for Know Your Client (KYC) Norms.
CIRCULAR, CIR/MIRSD/ 09 /2012, dated August 13, 2012
All Recognized Stock Exchanges
Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI)
SEBI Registered Intermediaries:
1. KYC Registration Agencies (KRAs),
2. Stock Brokers through Stock Exchanges,
3. Depository Participants (DPs) through Depositories,
4. Mutual Funds (MFs)
5. Portfolio Managers (PMs)
6. Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs)
7. Collective Investment Schemes (CIS)
1. Please refer to SEBI circular no. CIR/MIRSD/16/2011 dated August 22, 2011, MIRSD/SE/Cir-21/2011 dated October 5, 2011, on uniform KYC requirements and the list of documents admissible as Proof of Address.
2. In consultation with Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), Government of India, it has now been decided that the Aadhaar Letter issued by UIDAI shall be admissible as Proof of Address in addition to its presently being recognized as Proof of Identity.
3. In partial modification, in point 9. d of SEBI Circular No. CIR/MIRSD/16/2011 dated August 22, 2011, the date shall be read as ‘January 31, 2000’ instead of. ‘January 3, 2000’ and in point 4 of SEBI Circular No. MIRSD/Cir-26/2011 dated December 23, 2011, the date shall be read as ‘February 1, 2012’ instead of ‘February 1, 2011’.
4. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities markets.